Cumnock Baptist Church is an independent evangelical church based on the 1689 Baptist Confession.
Our Doctrinal Statement
- The absolute sovereignty of God in all matters pertaining to creation, providence and salvation.
- The full inspiration and infallibility of the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as originally given: their authority and sufficiency as being in
themselves the Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and profitable for instruction in righteousness and a sure guide to eternal life
- The Trinity is the union of the Godhead: Father, Son and Holy Spirit-One God, existing in three Persons co equal and co eternal.
- The Fall of Mankind from their original righteousness and communion with God, thus becoming guilty sinners; totally depraved and in need of salvation.
- The essential deity and sinless humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ. His virgin birth and substitutionary work for sinners by his vicarious sufferings and death and
his bodily resurrection.
- The Personality of the Holy Spirit and the necessity of his work in regeneration, conversion and sanctification.
- The justification of sinners through faith alone in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ in glory.
- The immortality of the soul; the resurrection of the body; the conscious Eternal punishment in hell of the wicked who die
- The ordinances of Baptism by immersion of believers and the Lord’s Supper as instituted by our Lord Jesus Christ, but not in baptism as imparting
regenerating grace, or the Lord’s Supper involving any change in substance of the bread and wine.
- The Church as a communion of believers whose object is to worship God and to work together in His service realising their responsibility to “live
soberly, righteously and godly in this present age” (Titus 2 verse 12)